Tired of lugging heavy vacuums around for quick cleanups? Meet the Shark sweeper – the lightweight, nimble alternative for fast floor care.
These convenient electric sweepers glide across carpets and hard floors, grabbing dirt, debris, pet hair and more. They’re ideal for smaller messes and spaces.
In this guide, we’ll outline the top Shark sweeper models and provide tips for picking the perfect one to keep your floors free of crumbs and dust. Let’s sweep into it!
The Top 5 Shark Sweeper Vacuums
After testing many models, we found these five Shark sweepers to be the best:
1. Shark Ultra-Light Cordless Sweeper
The Shark Ultra-Light Cordless Sweeper makes cleaning floors fast and easy with its portable, rechargeable design.
- Cordless convenience for quick pickups
- Extremely lightweight at 3.7 pounds
- Easy-empty slide-out dust bin
- Great for hard floors and area rugs
- Maneuvers into corners and tight spaces
- Low profile reaches under furniture
- Not meant for deep carpet cleaning
- Battery runtime of 16 minutes
Price Range: $50 – $80
This sweeper shines for quick cleanups in kitchens, entryways, and other small spaces.
2. Shark Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper
The powerful Shark Rechargeable Floor and Carpet Sweeper tackles debris on both carpets and hard floors.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Dual brushroll system
- Bright LED headlight
- Picks up debris on carpets and bare floors
- Large dust bin for more cleaning
- Charges quickly in 4 hours
- Heavier than other cordless sweepers
- Can’t stand up fully on its own
Price Range: $70 – $100
With its versatile dual brushroll, this Shark model sweeps up dirt and dust from any floor type.
3. Shark Cordless Sweeper with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
Equipped with a self-cleaning brushroll, the Shark Cordless Sweeper prevents hair tangles while sweeping.
- Actively removes wrapped hair
- Corner cleaning brushes
- Up to 24 minutes of runtime
- Great for pet hair on floors
- Slide-out dust bin for emptying
- Good for apartments and RVs
- Can’t clean carpet pile as deeply
- Smaller debris capacity
Price Range: $90 – $120
This sweeper takes the hassle out of sweeping pet hair with its self-cleaning bristles.
4. Shark Light and Easy Cordless Sweeper
As the name suggests, the Shark Light and Easy Cordless Sweeper offers effortless cordless sweeping.
- Super lightweight at 2.6 pounds
- Sweeps directly onto included paper sheets
- Cordless convenience
- Excellent maneuverability
- Lower cost cordless option
- Easy debris disposal
- Not designed for carpets
- Smaller debris capacity
Price Range: $40 – $60
The Light and Easy sweeper excels at quick cleanups with its clever sheet sweeping system. Just toss the sheets after.
5. Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner
The Shark Sonic Duo uses sonic scrubbing technology to deep clean hard floors and carpets.
- Sonic scrubbers loosen stuck-on debris
- Dual side brushes
- Onboard detergent tank
- Cleans carpets more thoroughly than regular sweepers
- Scrubs hard floors without chemicals
- Good for high traffic areas
- Heavier than other Shark sweepers
- More involved to operate
Price Range: $130 – $180
While not a sweeper, the Sonic Duo’s sonic scrubbing delivers a deeper clean for carpets and floors.
Choosing the Right Shark Sweeper for Your Needs
Here are key factors to consider when picking a Shark sweeper model:
Consider the Area and Floor Type
Assess the space you need to clean and the floors:
- Size of room/area – Large spaces need more runtime and bin capacity.
- Carpets, rugs or bare floors – Sweeper brush capabilities vary by floor type. Some handle both.
This determines sweeper size and brushroll type.
Cordless runtime affects cleaning capacity before recharging:
- Basic Shark sweeper runtime averages 15-25 minutes.
- Extended runtime reaches 30-45 minutes for more cleaning coverage.
Plan sweeper use based on battery duration.
Charging Time and Options
Faster charging enables more use cycles:
- Most Shark sweeper batteries fully recharge in 4-6 hours.
- Models with quick charging provide bursts of power quickly.
Corded electric sweepers offer continuous runtime.
Brushrolls grab and funnel debris into the bin:
- Single vs. dual brushrolls – Dual better handle carpets.
- Self-cleaning technology – Prevents hair/string wrap.
Optimal brushrolls match your flooring.
Look for bonus features like:
- LED headlights to spot debris in dark corners.
- Squeegees for grabbing wet messes.
- Detergent tanks to deep clean carpets.
Ease of Emptying and Maintenance
Compare debris disposal and upkeep:
- Removable dust bins make dumping simple.
- Sweeping onto sheets avoids dust clouds but creates waste.
Easy debris emptying streamlines the cleaning process.
Warranty and Customer Reviews
Research coverage and real user feedback:
- Shark sweepers come with 1-2 year warranties.
- Check reviews on performance for different floors.
This reveals durability and suitability for different home needs.
Shark sweeper prices span from $40 to $180. Evaluate features to find the best value for your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions About Shark Sweepers
Q: What’s the difference between a Shark sweeper and vacuum?
A: Shark sweepers have brushrolls optimized for quick surface cleaning. Vacuums use suction for deeper cleaning. Sweepers are great for small messes and supplement vacuuming.
Q: Are Shark sweepers good for pet hair?
A: Yes, most pick up surface pet hair from carpets and floors well. Models with self-cleaning brushrolls excel at preventing hair tangles. But sweepers can’t deep clean like vacuums.
Q: How long do Shark sweeper batteries last?
A: With regular use, Shark sweeper batteries maintain charge for 1-2 years before needing replacement. Runtime gradually decreases as batteries wear down.
Q: Do Shark cordless sweepers stand up on their own?
A: Most can stand independently in a vertical parked position for convenient storage between uses. Some compact mini sweepers may need to lay flat or mount on a wall.
Q: Can Shark sweepers clean carpets?
A: Yes, many Shark sweepers have brushrolls tailored to lift dust and debris from carpet fibers and area rugs. But they can’t deep clean carpet pile like vacuums.
Q: Are Shark sweepers safe for hardwood floors?
A: Yes, Shark’s sweepers are designed to gently glide across hardwood, vinyl, tile and other bare floors without causing scratches or damage. The brushrolls are optimized for sweeping rather than suction.
Q: How often do you need to empty a Shark sweeper?
A: It depends on debris volume and sweeper bin size, but expect to empty after each use or every few uses. For convenience, look for easy-to-remove dust bins.
Q: What’s the optimal runtime for a Shark cordless sweeper?
A: For larger homes, a runtime of 30-45 minutes is ideal to cover more ground per charge. For small spaces and quick jobs, 15-25 minutes is sufficient.
Q: Do Shark sweepers work well on tile floors?
A: Yes, Shark’s sweepers are designed to glide smoothly across tile floors and grout lines, collecting dust, dirt, pet hair and other debris into the brushroll without scattering it.
Q: Are Shark sweepers suitable for large spaces?
A: Cordless models work best for confined areas under 200 sq ft due to battery life. Corded electric sweepers can handle large open floor plans since power isn’t limited.
Keep Floors Tidy With a Shark Sweeper
Shark’s line of convenient sweepers makes quick cleanup a breeze. No more hauling heavy vacuums around!
Focus on your needs – floor types, cleaning area, usage patterns – to select a sweeper that seamlessly tackles dirt and debris pickups. Keep your floors continuously cared for with these pickup pros. Simply sweep and tidy!