Are you overwhelmed by the options when shopping for a new vacuum cleaner at Walmart? With rows upon rows of models from brands like Dyson, Shark, Bissell and more, it can be tough to know where to start.
In this guide, we’ll make it easy by outlining the top 5 vacuum cleaners available at Walmart. We’ll cover the key features, pros and cons, and price ranges for each model. You’ll also find tips on choosing the right vacuum for your home and cleaning needs, along with answers to frequently asked questions.
Arm yourself with the right information before hitting the vacuum aisle at your local Walmart. By the end, you’ll be able to cut through the clutter and confusion to pick the perfect vacuum cleaner for you!
The Best of the Best: Top 5 Vacuum Cleaners at Walmart
After thorough research and comparisons, these five vacuums stand out as the top picks you can buy at Walmart today:
1. Bissell Cleanview Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
With powerful suction plus specialized tools for cleaning carpets, bare floors and upholstery, the Bissell Cleanview Upright Vacuum is designed to handle just about any mess.
- Strong suction with multi-cyclonic filtration
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Specialized tools like turbo brush, crevice tool and more
- Affordable price point around $100
- Cord length is on the shorter side
- No HEPA filtration
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Dimensions: 13 x 14 x 45 inches
- Dirt bin capacity: 1 liter
- Cord length: 25 feet
Price range: $80 – $120
Overall, this is one of the best budget-friendly upright vacuums you’ll find at Walmart. It cleans carpets, bare floors, stairs and furniture effectively for the price.
2. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
With its lift-away canister, the Shark Navigator provides the convenience of both an upright and a portable canister vacuum.
- Lift-away canister for portable cleaning
- Swivel steering for maneuverability
- HEPA filtration captures allergens
- Great for carpets, bare floors and pet hair
- Smaller dirt bin capacity
- Shorter cord length
- Weight: 13.7 lbs
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 14.96 x 45.5 inches
- Dirt bin capacity: 2.2 quarts
- Cord length: 25 feet
Price range: $150 – $200
With strong suction power plus lift-away portability, this Shark vacuum excels at whole-home cleaning. The HEPA filter makes it a great choice for allergy sufferers.
3. Dyson Ball Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Engineered specifically for homes with pets, the Dyson Ball Animal Upright has the suction power to pull fur and dander out of carpets, upholstery and more.
- Unmatched suction power
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- HEPA filtration
- Specialized pet hair tools
- Heavy and bulky
- Expensive price tag
- Weight: 17.35 lbs
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 13.4 x 22.8 inches
- Dirt bin capacity: .55 gallons
- Cord length: 35 feet
Price range: $400 – $600
While pricey, this Dyson vacuum does an amazing job removing pet hair from carpets and upholstery. The adjustable cleaner head provides optimal contact with floors.
4. Hoover WindTunnel Air Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Providing solid performance at an affordable price, the Hoover WindTunnel is a great upright vacuum cleaner for cleaning carpets and bare floors.
- Powerful suction with WindTunnel technology
- HEPA media filtration
- Removable canister for portable cleaning
- Affordable price under $150
- Can be noisy when running
- Weight: 16.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 13 x 13.4 x 44 inches
- Dirt bin capacity: 1.2 liters
- Cord length: 30 feet
Price range: $120 – $170
While not the most feature-rich, the Hoover WindTunnel provides stellar cleaning capabilities for the price. The HEPA media filter captures dust and allergens.
5. Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum
Offering cordless convenience, the Shark Navigator Freestyle Stick Vacuum quickly cleans floors and upholstery.
- Cordless design with up to 22 minutes of runtime
- Lightweight at just under 8 pounds
- Versatile 2-in-1 design for floor and handheld use
- Decent suction power
- Small dust cup capacity
- Long recharge time
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 10.4 x 28.9 inches
- Dust cup capacity: .64 quarts
- Runtime: 22 minutes
Price range: $100 – $150
This Shark stick vacuum provides excellent versatility to clean floors, cars, furniture and more without cables getting in the way. The long runtime allows cleaning large spaces on one charge.
How to Select the Perfect Vacuum Cleaner at Walmart
Now that you know the top options, let’s go over the key factors to consider when selecting a vacuum at Walmart:
Step 1: Determine Your Floor Type and Cleaning Needs
First, assess what type of floors you need to clean and what tasks the vacuum must handle.
- Flooring: Do you have mostly carpets, bare floors or a mix of both? Vacuums optimized for carpets differ from those designed for hard floors.
- Messes: Is picking up pet hair a priority? Look for specialized tools and extreme suction. For homes with allergies, seek true HEPA filtration.
Step 2: Consider Convenient Features
Think about features that will make vacuuming easier and decide what’s important to you.
- Cordless or corded: Cordless vacuums provide unlimited mobility but run on battery power. Corded offer continuous runtime but have limited reach.
- Bagged or bagless: Bagged contain mess and allergens but require buying replacement bags. Bagless have a bin to empty but filters can get dirty faster.
- Attachments: Look for accessories like crevice tools, pet brushes and upholstery tools.
- Swivel steering: This enables easier maneuvering around furniture. Not all models have this.
Step 3: Look for the Right Filtration System
Vacuums use filters to trap dust and allergens. The type of filter matters most for allergy sufferers.
- HEPA filters are the gold standard. They remove 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns, trapping pollen, dander and other irritants. This is extremely helpful for allergy and asthma sufferers.
- HEPA media/type filters don’t meet full HEPA standards but still capture fine particles. They offer reasonably good filtration for most.
Step 4: Make Sure It Fits Your Home
Consider your home’s size and layout to choose a vacuum that will work best.
- For cleaning large spaces, an upright vacuum is a good choice. They have bigger dust bins and powered brushrolls for carpets.
- Canister vacuums are ideal for homes with lots of stairs or hard-to-reach areas since the canister is portable.
- Stick vacuums are great for quick cleanups in small homes or apartments. They’re ultra-lightweight but have smaller dust bins.
Also measure storage space – uprights stand on their own but most other models need wall mounts.
Step 5: Check the Specs
Compare technical specs of any vacuums you’re considering:
- Weight – Uprights tend to be heavier while sticks are lighter. Make sure you can maneuver it.
- Bin volume – Larger bins mean less frequent emptying for dealing with larger messes.
- Power level – Higher wattage motors generally indicate stronger suction. Look for at least 10 amps.
- Cord length – Longer cords provide a larger cleaning radius. 25-30 feet is common.
Step 6: Look for Extra Perks
Consider bonus features or offers that add value:
- Warranties – Many vacuums come with 1-5 year coverage. Extended warranty plans offer additional years of protection.
- Tools/accessories – Look for extras like crevice tools, pet brushes and upholstery nozzles.
- Bundles – Walmart sometimes offers vacuum bundles with extra filters or bags included.
Step 7: Set Your Budget
Vacuum prices run the gamut from $50 to $500+. Set realistic expectations based on what you can spend:
- $100-$150 – Gets a decent mid-range upright like the Hoover WindTunnel with solid performance.
- $150-$250 – Opens up options like the Shark Navigator Lift-Away with more features.
- $300+ – Unlocks premium vacuums like Dyson with the ultimate in power and performance.
In most cases, you get what you pay for with vacuum cleaners. So set a budget that fits your needs and stick to vacuums in that price tier.
Answers to Common Vacuum Cleaner Questions
Still have some questions about selecting and buying a vacuum at Walmart? Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked:
Q: What is the best affordable vacuum cleaner at Walmart?
A: If you’re looking for great cleaning performance at an affordable price under $100, the Bissell PowerForce bagless vacuum is hard to beat. Though basic, it tackles carpets and hard floors effectively for the price.
Q: What is the best vacuum cleaner for carpets at Walmart?
A: Look for a vacuum with strong suction paired with a motorized brushroll designed specifically for carpets, like the Dyson Ball Animal or Bissell Cleanview uprights. Adjustable height settings also help get carpets clean.
Q: What is the best vacuum for pet hair at Walmart?
A: The Dyson Ball Animal and Shark Navigator are top picks for pet hair. Their specialized tools and extreme suction extract stubborn fur from carpets and furniture. For a cheaper option, the Bissell Cleanview delivers solid pet hair removal too.
Q: What is the best lightweight vacuum at Walmart?
A: For a corded stick vacuum, the Shark Rocket Ultralight and Dirt Devil Featherlite offer lightweight maneuverability around 7 pounds. For cordless, the Shark IONFlex DuoClean and Dyson V7 stick vacuums weigh under 6 pounds.
Q: What is the best vacuum cleaner for hard floors or bare floors?
A: Canister vacuums like the Bissell Zing Bagless excel on hard floors since their suction is focused on the cleaning head. Uprights like the Shark APEX also work well with settings to turn off the brushroll.
Q: What cordless vacuum has the longest battery life at Walmart?
A: The Shark ION Robot® Vacuum RV750 and RV755 lead the runtime pack with up to 120 minutes of cleaning before needing a recharge. Among cordless uprights, the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet offers up to 50 minutes of fade-free power.
Q: Can you return or exchange vacuum cleaners bought at Walmart?
A: Yes, vacuum cleaners are eligible for Walmart’s standard 90-day return policy. As long as you have your receipt, you can return or exchange for another model. Save all original packaging and accessories for a smooth return process.
Q: Does Walmart offer warranty or protection plans for vacuums?
A: Yes, Walmart does offer extended warranty options for vacuums, usually 1-3 years beyond the manufacturer warranty. These plans cover repair or replacement costs if something breaks. Prices vary by model but provide peace of mind.
Choose Your Ideal Vacuum Cleaner at Walmart
Hopefully this detailed guide provided you with all the information needed to select the perfect vacuum cleaner during your next trip to Walmart.
The top options covered offer excellent cleaning for carpets, bare floors, pet hair and more. Focus on your specific needs, from floor type to features to budget, to narrow down the ideal vacuum for your home.
And feel free to refer back to this guide anytime you need a refresher on the best vacuums Walmart has to offer. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to cut through the options and bring home a vacuum that really sucks – in the best possible way!