Tired of constantly untangling cords and searching for outlets as you vacuum? Join the wireless revolution and go cordless with a Shark vacuum!
Shark’s cordless stick vacuums, handhelds, and hybrids allow unlimited freedom to clean floors, stairs, furniture and more. In this guide, we cover the top-rated Shark cordless models along with insider tips for picking the perfect cord-free vacuum for your home and needs.
Ditch the cord entanglement and enjoy unmatched mobility – let’s dive in!
The Top 5 Cordless Vacuums from Shark
Based on performance, battery life, features and reviews, we’ve identified the 5 best Shark cordless vacuums available today:
1. Shark ION F80 Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark ION F80 stick vacuum packs up to 80 minutes of fade-free power in a slim package weighing under 8 pounds.
- Up to 80 minutes of runtime on a full charge
- MultiFLEX technology to bend into hard-to-reach areas
- DuoClean brushroll with soft rollers and bristles
- Excellent runtime for whole-home cleaning
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Washable filter reduces costs
- Not as powerful as corded models
- Struggles on thick high-pile carpets
Price Range: $230 – $280
With long battery life and flexible lightweight design, the ION F80 makes cordless cleaning convenient and easy.
2. Shark Vertex Cordless Stick Vacuum (IZ462H)
Delivering premium power and performance, the advanced Shark Vertex IZ462H cordless stick vacuum has incredible 120-minute runtime.
- Up to 120 minutes of fade-free battery
- Self-cleaning brushroll prevents hair wrap
- PowerFins brushroll deep cleans carpets
- The longest runtime of any Shark cordless vacuum
- Great for homes with lots of carpeting
- HEPA filtration captures allergens
- Heavy at over 10 pounds
- Expensive price point
Price Range: $400 – $500
With its ultra-long battery life and powered brushroll, the Vertex IZ462H can handle large homes with wall-to-wall carpeting.
3. Shark WANDVAC Cordless Handheld Vacuum (WV201)
The convenient Shark WANDVAC WV201 converts into a hand vac for cleaning cars, furniture, shelves and more.
- Removable handheld vacuum
- Flexible design accesses tight spaces
- Charging stand for wall mounting
- Versatile 2-in-1 handheld and stick design
- Great for quick cleanups
- Affordable price point
- Short 15-minute runtime
- Not for heavy-duty cleaning
Price Range: $100 – $150
This affordable Shark cordless vacuum excels at small messes in your home, car and beyond.
4. Shark ION W1 Cordless Vacuum for Hard Floors
Perfect for hard floor surfaces, the Shark ION W1 cordless stick vacuum easily tackles debris with its lightweight body.
- Designed specifically for hard floors
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Up to 22 minutes of runtime
- Soft roller head is gentle on floors
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup
- Charges quickly in 2.5 hours
- Not meant for carpets
- Shorter battery life
Price Range: $150 – $200
This stick vacuum glides smoothly across hardwood, tile, and other bare floors without scratching or scattering debris.
5. Shark Rocket Pet Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum (IZ163H)
Boasting a specialized motorized pet brush, the Shark Rocket Pet Pro IZ163H tackles hair and deep cleans carpets.
- Motorized brush removes embedded pet hair
- LED headlights illuminate dark areas
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free runtime
- Amazing pet hair removal from carpets
- Great for homes with pets
- Good runtime for whole-home cleaning
- Heavier than other Shark sticks
- Can tip over if brushed pulled back
Price Range: $250 – $350
The Rocket Pet Pro IZ163H is purpose-built to vacuum pet hair from carpets, stairs, furniture and more.
How to Choose the Perfect Shark Cordless Vacuum
Here are key factors to consider when selecting a Shark cordless model:
Step 1: Consider Your Home Size and Floor Type
Cordless vacuums work best for smaller homes and mostly hard flooring:
- Great for apartments, dorms, RVs where storage space is limited
- Shine on hardwood, tile, laminate floors rather than thick carpeting
- Stair cleaning is easier without cords
Step 2: Decide Which Style You Need
Shark cordless models come in stick vacuums, handhelds, and 2-in-1 combinations:
- Stick vacuums offer full-size cleaning for floors and some furniture
- Handheld vacuums are compact for tight spaces and detail cleaning
- 2-in-1 vacuums convert between stick and handheld modes
Step 3: Runtime Needs
Compare battery life across models. Runtime ranges from:
- 15 minutes for basic handheld Shark cordless vacuums
- Up to 80 minutes for premium Shark stick vacuums
More cleaning time means more surfaces covered per charge. Plan accordingly.
Step 4: Filtration System
Shark uses various filters to trap dust and allergens:
- HEPA filters are best for trapping fine particles
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal is Shark’s patented HEPA-like filtration
- Foam filters catch large debris but not fine dust
Those with allergies should seek true HEPA models.
Step 5: Suction Power
While not as powerful as corded, Shark stick vacuums provide decent suction:
- Voltage ranging from 7.2V to 25.2V
- Motor watts between 200W to 500W
Higher numbers mean stronger suction for deep cleaning carpets.
Step 6: Additional Features
Look for bonus features that add convenience:
- LED Lights – Illuminate dark corners under furniture
- Charging docks – Enable grab-and-go operation
- Self-cleaning brushrolls – Prevent hair wrapping
Step 7: Budget
Shark cordless models range from about $100 to $500. Consider your needs and set a budget. Sticks with more suction and runtime will cost more. Basic handhelds are most affordable.
Frequently Asked Questions About Shark Cordless Vacuums
Q: How long do Shark cordless batteries last?
A: With proper care, Shark batteries maintain good charge for 2-3 years before needing replacement. Runtime gradually decreases over time.
Q: Do Shark cordless vacuums work on carpets?
A: Shark stick vacuums can handle carpets, but are best for low to medium pile. Handhelds lack power for carpets. Models with motorized brushes clean carpets better.
Q: Can Shark cordless vacuums clean pet hair?
A: Yes, stick vacuums like the Rocket Pet Pro IZ163H have motorized brushes tailored for removing pet hair from carpets and furniture. Handhelds can tackle hair in small areas.
Q: What’s the difference between Shark cordless sticks and handhelds?
A: Stick vacuums have full-size bodies for whole-floor cleaning. Handhelds are compact for portability but can’t clean large areas as quickly. 2-in-1 models convert between both modes.
Q: Are Shark cordless vacuums bagless?
A: Yes, all Shark cordless vacuums use bagless dirt cups that are emptied manually. This saves the cost of buying replacement bags over time.
Q: What accessories do Shark cordless vacuums come with?
A: Most include a crevice tool, pet multi-tool, and charger. Some add LED headlights, anti-allergen dust brushes, car detail kits and more.
Q: How long do the batteries take to charge?
A: A full charge takes 2.5-4 hours typically. Quick charging for a burst of cleaning can be done in under an hour.
Q: What is the optimal runtime for a Shark cordless?
A: For whole-home cleaning, a runtime of 60+ minutes is ideal. For spot cleanups, 15-30 minute models work well. It depends on your cleaning needs.
Q: Do Shark cordless vacuums stand up on their own?
A: Most stick vacuums stand on end for convenient storage. Smaller handhelds may need to be wall mounted.
Q: Which Shark cordless is best for cars?
A: The Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+ CH951 is a handheld made specifically for cleaning inside cars. It comes with a car detail kit.
Cut the Cord With a Shark Cordless Vacuum
In the market for convenient, portable cleaning power? Shark’s collection of cordless vacuums provides freedom to tackle messes in every corner of your home and beyond.
Focus on your specific needs – from floor types to cleaning tasks to accessories. Models like the ION F80 deliver uncompromising cleaning without tangled cords.
Ready to cut loose and enjoy the mobility of a Shark cordless vacuum? Check out our top picks and helpful buying guide to find your perfect fit!